To view this page you need to install Adobe Flash Player
Physical Map Definitions GameAuthor: Walker Angelina
Description: Answer the questions by naming the correct term.
Keywords: , , , , , , online teaching
1. A body of relatively still water of considerable size, located in a basin, that is surrounded by land.
2. A natural watercourse,usually freshwater, flowing towards an ocean, a lake, a sea, or another river.
3. A deep ravine between cliffs often carved from the landscape by a river.
D) Mountain Range
4. A high plain or tableland.
C) Mountain Range
5. Flat or gently rolling land.
6. A large body of water connected to an ocean or sea formed by an inlet of land due to the surrounding land blocking some waves and often reducing winds.
7. A large bay that is an arm of an ocean or sea.
8. A narrow channel of water that connects two larger bodies of water.
9. This physical feature retains water and allows no outflow to other external bodies of water
A) Mountain Range
10. A piece of land that is bordered by water on three sides but connected to mainland.
11. A landform that is formed at the mouth of a river, where the river flows into an ocean, sea, estuary, lake, or reservoir.
12. A narrow strip of land connecting two larger land areas, usually with water on either side.