To view this page you need to install Adobe Flash Player
Activity_titleAuthor: whitaker amy
Keywords: pacs, lobbying, , , , , online teaching
1. Because campaign costs are rising, #activities by candidates are increasing.
B) fund-raising activities
2. The high cost of campaigns has led to the use of# to secure money for the campaign.
C) special interest groups (pacs)
D) counterfitting money
3. PACS are special interest groups
4. Lobbying is trying to influence legislators to vote for or against a bill.
5. PACS are considered good for US politics because they help candidates fund their campaigns
6. PACS identify # they think are important.
7. PACS #government officials for their vote on an issue.
8. The problem with PACS is that because they have given money to the candidate to help him/her win the election, the candidate feels like he/she must vote the way the PAC wants them to vote instead of voting the way that the electorate wants. This is dangerous for representative democracy.
9. Campaign reform has not happened because most candidates are scared that reform would mean that they won%27t get the money they need to campaign for office.