Our planet- QuizAuthor:
Description: You have 25 seconds to answer a question by clicking a correct answer. You win when you get to the top of the mountain. First questions will be easy, but they get progressively harder. You lose when you get a wrong answer.
Keywords: Science, Revision, , , , , online teaching
1. How does igneous rock form?
A) When a rock gets eroded by weather.
B) When lava/magma cools and solidifies.
C) When a rock melts.
D) When sedimentary paricles are compressed.
2. Which minerals are required for a plant to develop properly?
A) Potassium, Nitrates, Phosphates, Magnesium.
B) Ammonia, Phosphates, Iron and Nitrates.
C) Hydrates, Phosphates, Magnesium, Nitrates.
D) Potassium, Phosphates, Nitrates, Manganese.
3. What gas is necessary for the plant to carry out photosynthesis?
A) Water vapour.
B) Carbon dixide.
4. What is the equation for photosynthesis?
A) CO2 %2b H20 = 6 O2 %2b C6H12O6
B) 6 CO2 %2b 6 H20 = 6 O2 %2b C6H12O6
C) 6 CO2 %2b H20 = 6 O2 %2b C6H12O6
D) CO2 %2b H20 = O2 %2b C6H12O6
5. What substance is produced during anaerobic respiration in animal cells?
B) Lactic acid.
C) Carbon dioxide.
6. Which plate are we on currently?
A) Eurasian Plate.
B) Pacific plate.
C) Nasca plate.
D) Coconut plate.
7. Which plate boundary doesn%27t exist?
A) Creative boundary.
B) Destructive boundary.
C) Conservative boundary.
D) Vulcanic boundary.
8. What is the most abundant substance on Earth.
9. Which is not a part of a vulcano?
A) Vulcanic vent.
B) Magma chamber.
D) Side vent.
10. How long is human gestation period?
A) 9 months.
B) 28 days.
C) 28 weeks.
D) 7 1/2 months.
11. Which state of matter does not have a fixed volume?
12. What type of stored energy does food contain?
13. Are the particles closer together in a gas or a liquid?
A) It all depends on the substance.
C) It all depends on the temperature.
14. Which is the biggest: Planet, Galaxy, Solar system, Moon?
D) Solar system.
15. When it is winter in the northern hemisphere, what season will it be on the souther hemisphere?
16. What is the environmental problem caused by high concentrations of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere?
A) Global Warming.
B) Global Cooling.
C) Acid Rains.
17. When coal is burned what form of energy is released?
A) Smoke and ash.
B) Heat and light.
C) Light and kinetic.
18. A bird is travelling at a constant speed of 10m/s. How long will it take it to travel 110m?
C) Depends on the wind.
19. Can light travel in a vacuum?
A) No, light needs a medium.
B) Yes, light doesn%27t need a medium.
C) Yes, but it will eventually disappear.
D) Yes, but it%27s really slow.
20. What is sublimation?
A) Gas turning into liquid.
B) Gas turning into a solid.
C) Solid turning into a gas.
D) None of the above.
21. When a solid melts to form a liquid, what happens to the particles?
A) They lose energy.
B) They move faster.
C) The energy level stays the same.
D) They move slower.
22. Why are some drugs illegal?
A) They are very dangerous.
B) So there is more of them for richer people.
C) Because they are too expensive.
D) Because there are only very small amounts left.
23. Hannah is studying a cell which has a nucleus and mitochondria. She thinks this means they are studying a plant cell. Is she correct?
A) Yes, she is correct- plant cells contain nucleus and mitochondria.
B) No, plant cells don%27t have these features.
C) No, both plant and animal cells have these features.
D) Not enough data.
24. Becky wants to separate dirt from water. She wants the water to be as clean as possible. What method would you recommend her to use to give her the best results?