MUSIC OTW Module 3 VocabularyAuthor: Rodriguez Rose
Keywords: music, medieval, , , , , online teaching
2. Pech Merle
3. HIldegard von Bingen
5. Gregorian chants
6. Hurrian song
8. ancient music
9. Medieval music
11. lyric poetry
12. Natva Shastra
14. Guillaume de Machaut
0. All music created in preliterate cultures.
1. Music produced by early literate societies.
2. Polyphonic music; similar to organum but faster tempo.
3. Relic with a nearly complete example of notated music.
4. The use of archaeological techniques in the study of music.
5. Music with 2 or more independent melodies.
6. Flute found in Slovenia, dated about 50,000 years ago.
7. Having a single melody without any accompaniment.
8. A musical form that became popular in the late medieval period.
9. Poet and composer, wrote over 100 songs.
10. Collection of hymns from India.
11. A series of pitches ordered by intervals. Ancient scales.
12. Poems accompanied by an instrument often a lyre.
13. Music produced in medieval Europe.
14. 12th century poet who wrote verses with melodies.
15. Often sung by male choirs; some of this music is still used