To view this page you need to install Adobe Flash Player
MUSIC OTW Module 3 VocabularyAuthor: Rodriguez Rose
Keywords: music, medieval, , , , , online teaching
0. Natva Shastra
1. Medieval music
5. Pech Merle
7. Guillaume de Machaut
8. Gregorian chants
9. Divje Babe flute
10. prehistoric or primitive music
13. lyric poetry
14. HIldegard von Bingen
15. ancient music
0. Having a single melody without any accompaniment.
1. Music produced by early literate societies.
2. A musical form that became popular in the late medieval period.
3. Relic with a nearly complete example of notated music.
4. Poems accompanied by an instrument often a lyre.
5. Collection of hymns from India.
6. Music with 2 or more independent melodies.
7. Music produced in medieval Europe.
8. Written discourse on the performing arts.
9. Traveling musicians that performed for the nobles.
10. Often sung by male choirs; some of this music is still used
11. The use of archaeological techniques in the study of music.
12. All music created in preliterate cultures.
13. Flute found in Slovenia, dated about 50,000 years ago.
14. Early notation that indicated where voices shoud rise or fall.
15. A series of pitches ordered by intervals. Ancient scales.