MUSIC OTW Module 3 VocabularyAuthor: Rodriguez Rose
Keywords: music, medieval, , , , , online teaching
1. Gregorian chants
3. Pech Merle
4. HIldegard von Bingen
5. prehistoric or primitive music
6. Natva Shastra
9. Guillaume de Machaut
13. Divje Babe flute
14. Medieval music
15. Hurrian song
0. Having a single melody without any accompaniment.
1. A musical form that became popular in the late medieval period.
2. Early notation that indicated where voices shoud rise or fall.
3. Music produced by early literate societies.
4. Traveling musicians that performed for the nobles.
5. French cavern with dots on the ceiling indicating acoustics.
6. Music with 2 or more independent melodies.
7. A series of pitches ordered by intervals. Ancient scales.
8. Gregorian chant with two voices.
9. The use of archaeological techniques in the study of music.
10. Relic with a nearly complete example of notated music.
11. Flute found in Slovenia, dated about 50,000 years ago.
12. 12th century poet who wrote verses with melodies.
13. Poems accompanied by an instrument often a lyre.
14. Also known as plainsong; monophonic sacred music.
15. Polyphonic music; similar to organum but faster tempo.