MUSIC OTW Module 3 VocabularyAuthor: Rodriguez Rose
Keywords: music, medieval, , , , , online teaching
0. ancient music
2. Medieval music
4. Hurrian song
5. lyric poetry
9. Natva Shastra
10. Guillaume de Machaut
12. Gregorian chants
13. Ars Nova
0. Gregorian chant with two voices.
1. The use of archaeological techniques in the study of music.
2. Also known as plainsong; monophonic sacred music.
3. A series of pitches ordered by intervals. Ancient scales.
4. Music with 2 or more independent melodies.
5. Polyphonic music; similar to organum but faster tempo.
6. Relic with a nearly complete example of notated music.
7. Written discourse on the performing arts.
8. Often sung by male choirs; some of this music is still used
9. Poems accompanied by an instrument often a lyre.
10. A musical form that became popular in the late medieval period.
11. Poet and composer, wrote over 100 songs.
12. Collection of hymns from India.
13. French cavern with dots on the ceiling indicating acoustics.
14. Flute found in Slovenia, dated about 50,000 years ago.
15. Traveling musicians that performed for the nobles.