To view this page you need to install Adobe Flash Player
MUSIC OTW Module 3 VocabularyAuthor: Rodriguez Rose
Keywords: music, medieval, , , , , online teaching
0. Ars Nova
2. prehistoric or primitive music
6. Guillaume de Machaut
7. Medieval music
9. lyric poetry
11. Natva Shastra
12. Gregorian chants
14. ancient music
15. Pech Merle
0. Collection of hymns from India.
1. Having a single melody without any accompaniment.
2. French cavern with dots on the ceiling indicating acoustics.
3. Often sung by male choirs; some of this music is still used
4. Poet and composer, wrote over 100 songs.
5. Also known as plainsong; monophonic sacred music.
6. Poems accompanied by an instrument often a lyre.
7. Music with 2 or more independent melodies.
8. 12th century poet who wrote verses with melodies.
9. Flute found in Slovenia, dated about 50,000 years ago.
10. Music produced in medieval Europe.
11. Music produced by early literate societies.
12. A musical form that became popular in the late medieval period.
13. The use of archaeological techniques in the study of music.
14. Relic with a nearly complete example of notated music.
15. Written discourse on the performing arts.