MUSIC OTW Module 3 VocabularyAuthor: Rodriguez Rose
Keywords: music, medieval, , , , , online teaching
0. HIldegard von Bingen
1. Hurrian song
2. prehistoric or primitive music
3. Gregorian chants
9. Guillaume de Machaut
10. Ars Nova
12. lyric poetry
13. Medieval music
0. Polyphonic music; similar to organum but faster tempo.
1. Music produced in medieval Europe.
2. Poems accompanied by an instrument often a lyre.
3. Flute found in Slovenia, dated about 50,000 years ago.
4. Music with 2 or more independent melodies.
5. Traveling musicians that performed for the nobles.
6. Gregorian chant with two voices.
7. 12th century poet who wrote verses with melodies.
8. Also known as plainsong; monophonic sacred music.
9. Having a single melody without any accompaniment.
10. Poet and composer, wrote over 100 songs.
11. The use of archaeological techniques in the study of music.
12. Music produced by early literate societies.
13. Collection of hymns from India.
14. French cavern with dots on the ceiling indicating acoustics.
15. Often sung by male choirs; some of this music is still used