MUSIC OTW Module 3 VocabularyAuthor: Rodriguez Rose
Keywords: music, medieval, , , , , online teaching
0. Hurrian song
2. Natva Shastra
3. Gregorian chants
4. Ars Nova
5. Guillaume de Machaut
6. Medieval music
9. prehistoric or primitive music
12. Pech Merle
13. ancient music
0. A musical form that became popular in the late medieval period.
1. Music produced in medieval Europe.
2. Often sung by male choirs; some of this music is still used
3. A series of pitches ordered by intervals. Ancient scales.
4. Early notation that indicated where voices shoud rise or fall.
5. Written discourse on the performing arts.
6. Flute found in Slovenia, dated about 50,000 years ago.
7. Also known as plainsong; monophonic sacred music.
8. Relic with a nearly complete example of notated music.
9. Collection of hymns from India.
10. Traveling musicians that performed for the nobles.
11. 12th century poet who wrote verses with melodies.
12. All music created in preliterate cultures.
13. Poems accompanied by an instrument often a lyre.
14. French cavern with dots on the ceiling indicating acoustics.
15. Music produced by early literate societies.