MUSIC OTW Module 3 VocabularyAuthor: Rodriguez Rose
Keywords: music, medieval, , , , , online teaching
1. Pech Merle
2. HIldegard von Bingen
3. lyric poetry
4. Natva Shastra
5. Hurrian song
6. Guillaume de Machaut
8. Gregorian chants
9. ancient music
13. prehistoric or primitive music
0. Early notation that indicated where voices shoud rise or fall.
1. Written discourse on the performing arts.
2. The use of archaeological techniques in the study of music.
3. Having a single melody without any accompaniment.
4. A series of pitches ordered by intervals. Ancient scales.
5. Often sung by male choirs; some of this music is still used
6. Traveling musicians that performed for the nobles.
7. Music produced in medieval Europe.
8. Flute found in Slovenia, dated about 50,000 years ago.
9. A musical form that became popular in the late medieval period.
10. Also known as plainsong; monophonic sacred music.
11. 12th century poet who wrote verses with melodies.
12. All music created in preliterate cultures.
13. French cavern with dots on the ceiling indicating acoustics.
14. Gregorian chant with two voices.
15. Poet and composer, wrote over 100 songs.