MUSIC OTW Module 3 VocabularyAuthor: Rodriguez Rose
Keywords: music, medieval, , , , , online teaching
0. Natva Shastra
2. Guillaume de Machaut
5. Medieval music
7. lyric poetry
8. Gregorian chants
10. ancient music
11. Hurrian song
12. prehistoric or primitive music
14. HIldegard von Bingen
0. Poems accompanied by an instrument often a lyre.
1. All music created in preliterate cultures.
2. Often sung by male choirs; some of this music is still used
3. A musical form that became popular in the late medieval period.
4. The use of archaeological techniques in the study of music.
5. Early notation that indicated where voices shoud rise or fall.
6. A series of pitches ordered by intervals. Ancient scales.
7. Music with 2 or more independent melodies.
8. Having a single melody without any accompaniment.
9. Written discourse on the performing arts.
10. French cavern with dots on the ceiling indicating acoustics.
11. Music produced in medieval Europe.
12. Polyphonic music; similar to organum but faster tempo.
13. Flute found in Slovenia, dated about 50,000 years ago.
14. Also known as plainsong; monophonic sacred music.
15. 12th century poet who wrote verses with melodies.