Madison Review GameAuthor: Ekwue Grace
Description: Answer each multiple choice questions within the time limit.
Keywords: , , , , , , online teaching
1. How did the War of 1812 lead to economic changes in the nation?
A) Americans depended on France for most of their goods
B) The South began building more factories
C) Manufacturing grew in the North which led to industial growth
D) Agriculture increased and less factories were built
2. Which of the following are the opening words of the U.S. national anthem?
A) %22We hold these truths to be self-evident...%22
B) %22We the people of the United States...%22
C) %22Oh, say can you see...%22
D) %22Oh beautiful, for spacious skies...%22
3. A war hawk is someone who
A) rebels against their own government
B) supports war with England
C) supports peace with England
D) wants to end slavery
4. What is a textile?
A) a code of messages
B) printed materials
C) a trade system
D) cloth or fabric
5. What treaty ended the War of 1812?
A) Treaty of Paris
B) Treaty of Guadelupe Hidalgo
C) Treaty of Ghent
D) Treaty of Versailles
6. Which event inspired the writing of the %22Star-Spangled Banner%22?
A) Fort McHenry
B) Burning of the White House
C) Battle of New Orleans
D) Treaty of Ghent
7. Who wrote the poem that later became the U.S. national anthem?
A) Dolley Madison
B) Francis Scott Key
C) War Hawks
D) Thomas Jefferson
8. Who saved historical objects during the burning of the White House?
A) Abigail Adams
B) Andrew Jackson
C) Francis Scott Key
D) Dolley Madison
9. The War of 1812 led to the
A) era of neutrality
B) Era of Good Feelings
C) end of slavery
D) more conflicts with Great Britain
10. The Battle of New Orleans helped ____ become a war hero.
A) George Washington
B) John Adams
C) Andrew Jackson
D) Francis Scott Key
11. The effects of the War of 1812 led to which event?
A) American Revolution
B) Industrial Revolution
C) French Revolution
D) Whiskey Rebellion