To view this page you need to install Adobe Flash Player
Incentive Spirometer UseAuthor: Vondenhuevel Emily
Keywords: , , , , , , online teaching
1. Splinting an incision with a pillow during Incentive Spirometer use is recommended to decrease pain.
2. How many times per hour should the patient be advised to use the Incentive Spirometer?
3. What is the name of the device within the air volume chamber that rises and falls with each breath?
4. To make the piston rise within the chamber the patient will deeply #, to make the piston gradually fall the patient should slowly #.
A) inhale, exhale
5. How should the patient be positioned while using the Incentive Spirometer?
D) 30 degree angle
6. Coughing between uses of the Incentive Spirometer is a helpful way to clear secretions from the airway.
7. Which types of patients benefit greatly from Incentive Spirometer use?
A) surgical patients
B) patients suffering from lung illnesses
C) patients with impaired mobility on bedrest
D) none of the above