Imperialism 1 - - - pages 542 to 547Author: Hall Matthew
Description: Open the exciting textbook and read the fascinating story of imperialism from pages 542 through 547. Please skip the section on %22Mahan%22 at this point.
Please complete this activity until earning at least 90%25.
Keywords: , , , , , , online teaching
1. Within the year _#__, the United States engaged in a conflict known as the Spanish-American War.
2. In the aftermath of the 1898 war, the United States acquired Cuba, Puerto Rico, Guam and the __#___
A) Philippines, PHILIPPINES, philippines
3. When Americans considered the impact of Frederick Jackson ____#____%27s frontier thesis, they became fearful that the nation%27s resources would be quickly exhausted.
A) turner, turner%27s, Turner, Turner%27s
4. Both leaders with urban concerns and those with an agrarian orientation such as the P____#_______s, saw more markets as a way in which to deal with an excessive amount of industrial and agricultural products.
******Consider a connection between this chapter and the last unit on the Gilded Age. What was the name of the group which represented the interests of farmers?******
A) opulist, OPULIST, populists, POPULISTS
5. Some Christian leaders such as Josiah __#__ felt that imperialist adventures by Americans would receive divine support.
A) Strong, strong, STRONG
6. %22The White Man%27s Burden%22 by Rudyard __#__ justified imperialistic expansion.
A) Kipling, kipling, KIPLING
7. As the United States emerged as an imperial nation in the late nineteenth century, ___#___ was considered to be the most powerful nation of the period.
A) GreatBritain, Greatbritain, greatbritain, Great Britain, Great britain, great Britain, england, England, britain, Britain