To view this page you need to install Adobe Flash Player
Greece Unit ReviewAuthor: Siler Brandy
Keywords: polis, hoplite, sparta, athens, Alexander the Great, , online teaching
0. What did hoplites carry into battle?
1. From what group did the Greeks learn to make an alphabet?
3. Ideas/skills Mycenaeans borrowed/stole from Minoans
4. Why did many Greeks colonize nearby lands?
5. What caused decline of Mycenaean civiliization?
6. How did geography contribute to Greek identity?
8. How did the ancient Minoans earn their wealth?
9. What is a colony?
11. Five ways ancient Greeks typically earned a living
12. requirements for citizenship in early Greek city-states
15. Who were the Mycenaeans
0. 9-foot spear (dory), sword (xiphon), shield (hoplon)
1. A settlement in a new territory that keeps close ties to its homeland
2. Originally from central Asia, these people invaded Minoans
3. main gathering place in city-state; fortified hill with temples
4. Greek term for city-state (like a tiny, independent country)
5. free, native-born MEN who owned property
6. mountains %26 waterways kept people separate - loyal to polis
7. There was a food shortage because of fast rising population
8. Earthquakes and fighting lead to poverty %26 a dark age in Greece.
9. open area which served as a marketplace %26 area for debates
11. citizen soldier (like militia instead of professional soldiers)
12. the island that Minoans were from
13. trade in the Mediterranean
14. fishing, sailing, trading, farming, raising livestock
15. bronze work, shipbuilding, navigating, trade, even goddess