Greece Unit ReviewAuthor: Siler Brandy
Description: It is important that you play all four games for ancient Greece to get a good feel for what you%27ll see on your test. On this particular game, there are 64 different questions. You%27ll probably need to play through at least five times before you see all of them. If you can make a 100%25 five times in a row, I think you%27ll do very well on your exam. :) Good luck!
Keywords: , , , , , , online teaching
0. Philip II used these to take over Greek city-states
1. Cyrus the Great
6. Reason that Alexander%27s Empire did not survive his death
11. Who were the Mycenaeans
13. What was the ultimate result of the Pelo-ponnesian War?
14. Problem with Sparta
15. Which city-state was famed for its strong army of well-trained men
0. citizen soldier (like militia instead of professional soldiers)
1. government ruled by a king or queen who inherits power
2. cut off supply ships %26 the Persians will have to leave
3. fishing, sailing, trading, farming, raising livestock
4. someone who takes power by force %26 rules w/ total authority
5. Athens controlled forces %26 $$$ - it was an Athenian Empire
6. democracy, drama, literature, art, and architecture
7. their navy delivered supplies from colonies
8. embarrassing loss to Greeks, poor rulers, unfair taxes, etc.
9. Homer%27s epic about the Trojan War
10. the belief in the existence of many gods and-or goddesses
11. fell behind in education %26 trade because of isolation
12. Originally from central Asia, these people invaded Minoans
13. birthplace of democracy
14. 20 provinces that Darius divided the empire into for easy gov.
15. EVERY citizen gets to discuss and vote on EVERY issue.