Greece Unit ReviewAuthor: Siler Brandy
Description: It is important that you play all four games for ancient Greece to get a good feel for what you%27ll see on your test. On this particular game, there are 64 different questions. You%27ll probably need to play through at least five times before you see all of them. If you can make a 100%25 five times in a row, I think you%27ll do very well on your exam. :) Good luck!
Keywords: , , , , , , online teaching
0. What drew scholars to visit Alexandria, Egypt?
2. What drove the economy of ancient Athens?
6. How did the ancient Minoans earn their wealth?
7. Rebellion or defeat happen when you have weak rulers
9. What was the official purpose of the Delian League?
10. Why is a direct democracy not logical in the U.S.?
12. What desperate move did the Spartans take to win Pel. War?
13. Which city-state was famed for its strong army of well-trained men
0. His generals fought one another for power
1. All of Greece (winners %26 los-ers) were weak %26 vulnerable
2. Men often gone - protect homefront %26 have healthy kids
3. citizen soldier (like militia instead of professional soldiers)
4. Greek term for city-state (like a tiny, independent country)
5. Sparta and Athens
6. force, bribery, and volunteerism
7. Homer%27s epic about the Trojan War
8. society ruled by a few wealthy people
9. In modern-days, this would be SW Iran - became huge empire
11. monotheistic religion of Persia-free will - good beats evil
12. embarrassing loss to Greeks, poor rulers, unfair taxes, etc.
13. revenge for Marathon, glory, and wealth
14. Spartan slave - from Greek word for capture
15. open area which served as a marketplace %26 area for debates