Greece Unit ReviewAuthor: Siler Brandy
Description: It is important that you play all four games for ancient Greece to get a good feel for what you%27ll see on your test. On this particular game, there are 64 different questions. You%27ll probably need to play through at least five times before you see all of them. If you can make a 100%25 five times in a row, I think you%27ll do very well on your exam. :) Good luck!
Keywords: , , , , , , online teaching
0. Why did people get upset about Delian League?
1. Which city-state was famed for its strong army of well-trained men
3. What is a colony?
5. How did the ancient Minoans earn their wealth?
6. How did Athenians survive a long seige by Sparta?
7. Who were the Mycenaeans
8. Why did many Greeks colonize nearby lands?
9. Influences from ancient Greece
10. Why was Thermopylae a wise choice for a land battle?
12. What was the official purpose of the Delian League?
13. 3 reasons for Xerxes to go to war against Athens
14. What was the ultimate result of the Pelo-ponnesian War?
15. Who were the key players in the Peloponnesian War?
0. the belief in the existence of only one god
1. Alexander the Great
2. monotheistic religion of Persia-free will - good beats evil
3. Originally from central Asia, these people invaded Minoans
4. force, bribery, and volunteerism
5. society ruled by a few wealthy people
6. fell behind in education %26 trade because of isolation
(Victory - then he dropped dead from exhaustion)
8. someone who takes power by force %26 rules w/ total authority
9. Library w/ 500,000 scrolls %26 a research museum
10. The spreading of Greek language %26 customs to SW Asia.
11. Earthquakes and fighting lead to poverty %26 a dark age in Greece.
12. Homer%27s epic about the Trojan War
13. Slaves, women, and foreign-born men
14. Pattern that causes many civilizations to decline %26 fall
15. 20 provinces that Darius divided the empire into for easy gov.