Greece Unit ReviewAuthor: Siler Brandy
Description: It is important that you play all four games for ancient Greece to get a good feel for what you%27ll see on your test. On this particular game, there are 64 different questions. You%27ll probably need to play through at least five times before you see all of them. If you can make a 100%25 five times in a row, I think you%27ll do very well on your exam. :) Good luck!
Keywords: , , , , , , online teaching
1. Rebellion or defeat happen when you have weak rulers
2. Five ways ancient Greeks typically earned a living
3. requirements for citizenship in early Greek city-states
5. What desperate move did the Spartans take to win Pel. War?
6. How did geography contribute to Greek identity?
7. Who were the key players in the Peloponnesian War?
8. Why was Thermopylae a wise choice for a land battle?
9. What did Alexander accomplish before he died?
10. Who won the Battle of Thermopylae?
11. What is a colony?
12. What did Pheidippides shout when he got to Athens?
14. How did Athenians survive a long seige by Sparta?
15. Why is a direct democracy not logical in the U.S.?
0. someone who takes power by force %26 rules w/ total authority
1. 9-foot spear (dory), sword (xiphon), shield (hoplon)
2. Homer%27s epic about the Trojan War
3. equal members of a political community w/ rights %26 respons.
4. the belief in the existence of many gods and-or goddesses
5. citizen soldier (like militia instead of professional soldiers)
6. Spartan king and commander who led men at Battle of Thermopylae
7. All of Greece (winners %26 los-ers) were weak %26 vulnerable
8. 20 provinces that Darius divided the empire into for easy gov.
9. united the Persians into a powerful empire; kind ruler
10. A settlement in a new territory that keeps close ties to its homeland
11. Library w/ 500,000 scrolls %26 a research museum
12. trade and agri-culture (It was the trade center of Greece.)
13. It was a narrow pass-eliminating Persia%27s numer-ical advantage
14. There was a food shortage because of fast rising population
15. In modern-days, this would be SW Iran - became huge empire