Greece Unit ReviewAuthor: Siler Brandy
Description: It is important that you play all four games for ancient Greece to get a good feel for what you%27ll see on your test. On this particular game, there are 64 different questions. You%27ll probably need to play through at least five times before you see all of them. If you can make a 100%25 five times in a row, I think you%27ll do very well on your exam. :) Good luck!
Keywords: , , , , , , online teaching
0. What desperate move did the Spartans take to win Pel. War?
1. How did Athenians survive a long seige by Sparta?
2. Direct Democracy
3. Son of Philip II who took over quest for power at age 20!
5. Who won the Battle of Thermopylae?
7. Who won the battles of Salamis and Plataea?
9. What did hoplites carry into battle?
12. How did the ancient Minoans earn their wealth?
13. What did Alexander accomplish before he died?
14. Philip II used these to take over Greek city-states
15. What drove the economy of ancient Athens?
0. the belief in the existence of only one god
1. free, native-born MEN who owned property
2. The spreading of Greek language %26 customs to SW Asia.
3. 9-foot spear (dory), sword (xiphon), shield (hoplon)
4. All of Greece (winners %26 los-ers) were weak %26 vulnerable
5. Slaves, women, and foreign-born men
6. cut off supply ships %26 the Persians will have to leave
7. society in which citizens share in running the government
8. Defend members against the Persians %26 drive Persians out
9. Spartan king and commander who led men at Battle of Thermopylae
10. government ruled by a king or queen who inherits power
11. Spartan slave - from Greek word for capture
12. bronze work, shipbuilding, navigating, trade, even goddess
13. EVERY citizen gets to discuss and vote on EVERY issue.
14. His generals fought one another for power
15. Greek term for city-state (like a tiny, independent country)