To view this page you need to install Adobe Flash Player
Greece Unit ReviewAuthor: Siler Brandy
Description: It is important that you play all four games for ancient Greece to get a good feel for what you%27ll see on your test. On this particular game, there are 64 different questions. You%27ll probably need to play through at least five times before you see all of them. If you can make a 100%25 five times in a row, I think you%27ll do very well on your exam. :) Good luck!
Keywords: , , , , , , online teaching
0. Influences from ancient Greece
1. What caused decline of Mycenaean civiliization?
2. Why were Spartan girls freer than other Greek women?
6. What was the official purpose of the Delian League?
8. Who won the Battle of Thermopylae?
11. Who won the battles of Salamis and Plataea?
12. Why was Thermopylae a wise choice for a land battle?
13. Rebellion or defeat happen when you have weak rulers
15. 3 reasons for Xerxes to go to war against Athens
0. Defend members against the Persians %26 drive Persians out
1. Earthquakes and fighting lead to poverty %26 a dark age in Greece.
2. This term refers to what a person leaves behind at his/her death.
3. main gathering place in city-state; fortified hill with temples
4. democracy, drama, literature, art, and architecture
5. Greek city-state with firm government %26 a focus on war
7. their navy delivered supplies from colonies
8. revenge for Marathon, glory, and wealth
9. embarrassing loss to Greeks, poor rulers, unfair taxes, etc.
10. society in which citizens share in running the government
11. citizen soldier (like militia instead of professional soldiers)
12. Athens controlled forces %26 $$$ - it was an Athenian Empire
13. Homer%27s epic of a king%27s adventurous journey home
15. 20 provinces that Darius divided the empire into for easy gov.