Greece Unit ReviewAuthor: Siler Brandy
Description: It is important that you play all four games for ancient Greece to get a good feel for what you%27ll see on your test. On this particular game, there are 64 different questions. You%27ll probably need to play through at least five times before you see all of them. If you can make a 100%25 five times in a row, I think you%27ll do very well on your exam. :) Good luck!
Keywords: , , , , , , online teaching
1. Philip II used these to take over Greek city-states
3. Influences from ancient Greece
4. Direct Democracy
8. Which city-state was famed for its strong army of well-trained men
10. Why did the Persian Empire begin to decline?
11. Why was Thermopylae a wise choice for a land battle?
12. Why did people get upset about Delian League?
13. What did Alexander accomplish before he died?
14. How did the ancient Minoans earn their wealth?
15. What was the official purpose of the Delian League?
0. The spreading of Greek language %26 customs to SW Asia.
1. Defeated Persian Empire %26 spread Greek culture all the way to India
2. citizen soldier (like militia instead of professional soldiers)
3. Spartan king and commander who led men at Battle of Thermopylae
4. Spartan slave - from Greek word for capture
5. free, native-born MEN who owned property
7. Greek term for city-state (like a tiny, independent country)
8. His generals fought one another for power
9. Earthquakes and fighting lead to poverty %26 a dark age in Greece.
10. fell behind in education %26 trade because of isolation
11. 20 provinces that Darius divided the empire into for easy gov.
12. Sparta and Athens
13. main gathering place in city-state; fortified hill with temples
14. Defend members against the Persians %26 drive Persians out
15. democracy, drama, literature, art, and architecture