Greece Unit ReviewAuthor: Siler Brandy
Description: It is important that you play all four games for ancient Greece to get a good feel for what you%27ll see on your test. On this particular game, there are 64 different questions. You%27ll probably need to play through at least five times before you see all of them. If you can make a 100%25 five times in a row, I think you%27ll do very well on your exam. :) Good luck!
Keywords: , , , , , , online teaching
0. Cyrus the Great
1. Reason that Alexander%27s Empire did not survive his death
2. How did the ancient Minoans earn their wealth?
3. Ideas/skills Mycenaeans borrowed/stole from Minoans
4. What caused decline of Mycenaean civiliization?
5. What drove the economy of ancient Athens?
6. Why were Spartan girls freer than other Greek women?
7. From what group did the Greeks learn to make an alphabet?
9. Representative Democracy
11. requirements for citizenship in early Greek city-states
12. Philip II used these to take over Greek city-states
15. Rebellion or defeat happen when you have weak rulers
0. fishing, sailing, trading, farming, raising livestock
1. embarrassing loss to Greeks, poor rulers, unfair taxes, etc.
2. mountains %26 waterways kept people separate - loyal to polis
3. Library w/ 500,000 scrolls %26 a research museum
4. Defeated Persian Empire %26 spread Greek culture all the way to India
5. Earthquakes and fighting lead to poverty %26 a dark age in Greece.
6. main gathering place in city-state; fortified hill with temples
7. open area which served as a marketplace %26 area for debates
8. Slaves, women, and foreign-born men
9. Originally from central Asia, these people invaded Minoans
10. Pattern that causes many civilizations to decline %26 fall
11. All of Greece (winners %26 los-ers) were weak %26 vulnerable
12. birthplace of democracy
13. united the Persians into a powerful empire; kind ruler
14. revenge for Marathon, glory, and wealth
(Victory - then he dropped dead from exhaustion)