To view this page you need to install Adobe Flash Player
Geographic Regions (2b)Author: Gehle Beth
Keywords: USI to 1865, US History, , , , , online teaching
1. The Appalachian Mountains are old and _____.
2. The Canadian Shield has hills worn by erosion and hundreds of _____ carved by glaciers.
3. The Interior Lowlands has rolling flatlands with many rivers, broad __________, and grassy hills.
A) fertile valleys
B) eroded mountains
C) river valleys
D) rugged mountains
4. The Rocky Mountains are _____ mountains with high elevations.
5. The Great Plains are flat grasslands that gradually increase in elevation ________.
6. The Basin and Range has ______ elevations and isolated mountain ranges.
7. Death Valley is the _____ point in North America.
B) most interesting
D) most dangerous
8. The Coastal Range has rugged mountains and fertile valleys along the _____ coast.
C) Gulf of Mexico
D) Hudson Bay
9. The Continental Divide determines the ________ of rivers.
A) water source
B) speed of flow
C) directional flow
D) water cycle