Why are people friends? Proverbs (copy)Author: loot kersti
Description: Match the beginnings and endings of sentences below:
Keywords: , , , , , , online teaching
0. Don%27t look a gift horse
I didn%27t like Jenny at first but now we get on
2. I%27ve known Susan since we were at school. We go back
3. Don%27t make a mountain
4. Many hands
5. We live in different towns now but we still try to see
6. Those who live in glass houses
7. Too many cooks
8. You can lead a horse to water,
9. Mark and I get on very well. We%27ve got so much
10. Even if we move to different countries, we%27d always stay
11. I think we%27re friends because we come from
12. Lucy%27s my best friend. I know I can always rely on
13. Mike and I do everything together. We really enjoy
14. If you look after the pennies,
15. You cannot teach
0. spoil the broth.
1. shouldn%27t throw stones.
2. a long way.
3. each other whenever we can.
4. make light work.
5. similar backrounds.
6. each other%27s company.
7. the pounds will look after themselves.
11. in touch.
12. but you can%27t make him drink.
13. an old dog new tricks.
14. in the mouth.
15. out of a molehill.