Why are people friends? Proverbs (copy)Author: loot kersti
Description: Match the beginnings and endings of sentences below:
Keywords: , , , , , , online teaching
0. You can lead a horse to water,
1. I think we%27re friends because we come from
2. If you look after the pennies,
3. We live in different towns now but we still try to see
4. Mark and I get on very well. We%27ve got so much
5. Lucy%27s my best friend. I know I can always rely on
I didn%27t like Jenny at first but now we get on
7. Many hands
8. Those who live in glass houses
9. Too many cooks
10. You cannot teach
11. Even if we move to different countries, we%27d always stay
12. Mike and I do everything together. We really enjoy
13. Don%27t look a gift horse
14. I%27ve known Susan since we were at school. We go back
15. Don%27t make a mountain
0. out of a molehill.
1. a long way.
2. each other whenever we can.
3. make light work.
4. shouldn%27t throw stones.
5. the pounds will look after themselves.
6. similar backrounds.
7. but you can%27t make him drink.
8. in touch.
10. each other%27s company.
11. spoil the broth.
12. in the mouth.
14. an old dog new tricks.