Why are people friends? Proverbs (copy)Author: loot kersti
Description: Match the beginnings and endings of sentences below:
Keywords: , , , , , , online teaching
0. I think we%27re friends because we come from
1. Don%27t make a mountain
2. Many hands
3. You cannot teach
4. If you look after the pennies,
5. Lucy%27s my best friend. I know I can always rely on
6. You can lead a horse to water,
7. Even if we move to different countries, we%27d always stay
8. Too many cooks
9. Those who live in glass houses
10. Don%27t look a gift horse
11. Mark and I get on very well. We%27ve got so much
12. I%27ve known Susan since we were at school. We go back
13. Mike and I do everything together. We really enjoy
I didn%27t like Jenny at first but now we get on
15. We live in different towns now but we still try to see
2. out of a molehill.
3. a long way.
4. but you can%27t make him drink.
5. spoil the broth.
6. each other%27s company.
7. the pounds will look after themselves.
8. make light work.
9. in touch.
10. similar backrounds.
12. shouldn%27t throw stones.
13. in the mouth.
14. each other whenever we can.
15. an old dog new tricks.