Why are people friends? Proverbs (copy)Author: loot kersti
Description: Match the beginnings and endings of sentences below:
Keywords: , , , , , , online teaching
0. You can lead a horse to water,
1. You cannot teach
2. Many hands
3. I%27ve known Susan since we were at school. We go back
4. Don%27t make a mountain
5. We live in different towns now but we still try to see
I didn%27t like Jenny at first but now we get on
7. If you look after the pennies,
8. Don%27t look a gift horse
9. Mark and I get on very well. We%27ve got so much
10. Lucy%27s my best friend. I know I can always rely on
11. Too many cooks
12. Even if we move to different countries, we%27d always stay
13. Mike and I do everything together. We really enjoy
14. Those who live in glass houses
15. I think we%27re friends because we come from
1. similar backrounds.
3. but you can%27t make him drink.
4. out of a molehill.
5. a long way.
6. an old dog new tricks.
7. shouldn%27t throw stones.
8. each other%27s company.
9. the pounds will look after themselves.
10. in the mouth.
11. each other whenever we can.
12. make light work.
13. in touch.
14. spoil the broth.