Figurative LanguageAuthor: Stidham Stephanie
Description: Match the figurative language term with its definition.
Keywords: Figurative Language, Poetic Devices, Simile, Metaphor, Personification, , online teaching
9. Sensory Details
0. A well-known phrase, common knowledge.
1. a word that is the same forwards and backwards
2. When what you say is different than what you mean.
3. Using sensory details
4. using a concrete object to represent an abstract thought.
5. giving a hint of what is to come.
6. The message or main idea of a work.
7. The emotional feeling of a work.
8. mimicks a sound
9. a comparison of two unlike objects without using like or as
10. Giving an object human-like qualities
11. extreme exaggeration
12. Repeating consonants at the beginning of a word.
13. Sight Sound Smell Taste and Touch
14. repeating the same vowel sounds
15. a comparison of two unlike objects using the words like or as