To view this page you need to install Adobe Flash Player
Figurative LanguageAuthor: Stidham Stephanie
Description: Match the figurative language term with its definition.
Keywords: Figurative Language, Poetic Devices, Simile, Metaphor, Personification, , online teaching
3. Sensory Details
0. Using sensory details
1. extreme exaggeration
2. A well-known phrase, common knowledge.
3. giving a hint of what is to come.
4. Sight Sound Smell Taste and Touch
5. mimicks a sound
6. repeating the same vowel sounds
7. using a concrete object to represent an abstract thought.
8. Giving an object human-like qualities
9. Repeating consonants at the beginning of a word.
10. a word that is the same forwards and backwards
11. a comparison of two unlike objects using the words like or as
12. The emotional feeling of a work.
13. a comparison of two unlike objects without using like or as
14. When what you say is different than what you mean.
15. The message or main idea of a work.