Figurative LanguageAuthor: Stidham Stephanie
Description: Match the figurative language term with its definition.
Keywords: Figurative Language, Poetic Devices, Simile, Metaphor, Personification, , online teaching
11. Sensory Details
0. Repeating consonants at the beginning of a word.
1. a comparison of two unlike objects using the words like or as
2. Using sensory details
3. The emotional feeling of a work.
4. The message or main idea of a work.
5. mimicks a sound
6. a comparison of two unlike objects without using like or as
7. repeating the same vowel sounds
8. Giving an object human-like qualities
9. extreme exaggeration
10. using a concrete object to represent an abstract thought.
11. giving a hint of what is to come.
12. Sight Sound Smell Taste and Touch
13. a word that is the same forwards and backwards
14. A well-known phrase, common knowledge.
15. When what you say is different than what you mean.