To view this page you need to install Adobe Flash Player
Figurative LanguageAuthor: Stidham Stephanie
Description: Match the figurative language term with its definition.
Keywords: Figurative Language, Poetic Devices, Simile, Metaphor, Personification, , online teaching
12. Sensory Details
0. Repeating consonants at the beginning of a word.
1. using a concrete object to represent an abstract thought.
2. a word that is the same forwards and backwards
3. Giving an object human-like qualities
4. giving a hint of what is to come.
5. The emotional feeling of a work.
6. extreme exaggeration
7. a comparison of two unlike objects without using like or as
8. a comparison of two unlike objects using the words like or as
9. Using sensory details
10. mimicks a sound
11. Sight Sound Smell Taste and Touch
12. When what you say is different than what you mean.
13. The message or main idea of a work.
14. repeating the same vowel sounds
15. A well-known phrase, common knowledge.