Figurative LanguageAuthor: Stidham Stephanie
Description: Match the figurative language term with its definition.
Keywords: Figurative Language, Poetic Devices, Simile, Metaphor, Personification, , online teaching
11. Sensory Details
0. giving a hint of what is to come.
1. Using sensory details
2. a comparison of two unlike objects without using like or as
3. a comparison of two unlike objects using the words like or as
4. mimicks a sound
5. Repeating consonants at the beginning of a word.
6. using a concrete object to represent an abstract thought.
7. Sight Sound Smell Taste and Touch
8. The message or main idea of a work.
9. A well-known phrase, common knowledge.
10. When what you say is different than what you mean.
11. Giving an object human-like qualities
12. repeating the same vowel sounds
13. The emotional feeling of a work.
14. extreme exaggeration
15. a word that is the same forwards and backwards