Figurative LanguageAuthor: Stidham Stephanie
Description: Match the figurative language term with its definition.
Keywords: Figurative Language, Poetic Devices, Simile, Metaphor, Personification, , online teaching
8. Sensory Details
0. The emotional feeling of a work.
1. giving a hint of what is to come.
2. Sight Sound Smell Taste and Touch
3. a comparison of two unlike objects using the words like or as
4. using a concrete object to represent an abstract thought.
5. Repeating consonants at the beginning of a word.
6. a word that is the same forwards and backwards
7. repeating the same vowel sounds
8. Using sensory details
9. A well-known phrase, common knowledge.
10. The message or main idea of a work.
11. When what you say is different than what you mean.
12. a comparison of two unlike objects without using like or as
13. Giving an object human-like qualities
14. extreme exaggeration
15. mimicks a sound