Figurative LanguageAuthor: Stidham Stephanie
Description: Match the figurative language term with its definition.
Keywords: Figurative Language, Poetic Devices, Simile, Metaphor, Personification, , online teaching
2. Sensory Details
0. a comparison of two unlike objects using the words like or as
1. When what you say is different than what you mean.
2. a word that is the same forwards and backwards
3. A well-known phrase, common knowledge.
4. Giving an object human-like qualities
5. a comparison of two unlike objects without using like or as
6. repeating the same vowel sounds
7. The emotional feeling of a work.
8. Sight Sound Smell Taste and Touch
9. extreme exaggeration
10. Using sensory details
11. mimicks a sound
12. The message or main idea of a work.
13. giving a hint of what is to come.
14. using a concrete object to represent an abstract thought.
15. Repeating consonants at the beginning of a word.