Figurative LanguageAuthor: Stidham Stephanie
Description: Match the figurative language term with its definition.
Keywords: Figurative Language, Poetic Devices, Simile, Metaphor, Personification, , online teaching
8. Sensory Details
0. extreme exaggeration
1. using a concrete object to represent an abstract thought.
2. A well-known phrase, common knowledge.
3. mimicks a sound
4. repeating the same vowel sounds
5. Giving an object human-like qualities
6. giving a hint of what is to come.
7. The message or main idea of a work.
8. Sight Sound Smell Taste and Touch
9. When what you say is different than what you mean.
10. The emotional feeling of a work.
11. a comparison of two unlike objects without using like or as
12. Using sensory details
13. Repeating consonants at the beginning of a word.
14. a word that is the same forwards and backwards
15. a comparison of two unlike objects using the words like or as