Explicit Formulas and Linear FunctionsAuthor: Davis Monica
Keywords: Explicit, , , , , , online teaching
1. The value of the y-intercept in the explicit form of the recursive formula Next = 5 x Now, starting at 15 will be the value #.
2. What is the recursive formula for A(n)= 4n %2b 12?
A) Next = 12 %2b 4Now, starting at 12
B) Next = 4(Now), starting at 12
C) Next = 4(Now), starting at 16
D) Next = 4(Now)%2b 12 starting at 16
3. Which of the following equations can be used to represent this sequence? Check all that apply
4, 12, 36, 108, ........
A) Next = Now x 3, starting at 4
B) Next = Now x 4, starting at 1 and 1/3
C) A(n) = 3n %2b 4/3
D) F(x) = 3x %2b 4
4. The slope of the line that is perpendicular to 3x - 4y = 7 is #.
5. What is the equation of the line that passes through the points (4, -5) and (6, -5)
A) y = 4x - 5
B) y = -5
C) y = x - 5
D) y = -5x %2b 10
6. Which of the following equations are parallel to the equation y = 5x - 12? check all that apply.
A) 5x %2b y = 6
B) -5x %2b y = 10
C) -y = -5x %2b 12
D) 10x - 2y = -20
7. What is the slope of the line that is parallel to the line running through (6,7) and ( 4, 1)
8. The height of a candle in inches, after x hours of burning, can be modeled by the equation y = -2x %2b 20. What is the approriate domain for this funciton?
A) 0 to 20
B) Not enough Information
C) 0 to 10
D) -2 to 20
9. The function d(t) = -4t %2b 16 represents the distance left to travel to the store after t minutes of riding. What does d(3) mean? There are # miles left to travel after riding for 3 minutes.