To view this page you need to install Adobe Flash Player
Evaluate ExpressionsAuthor: Davis Monica
Description: Choose the best answer to the question.
Keywords: , , , , , , online teaching
1. a = 2, b = 3, c = 5 Find ab %2b c
2. Translate and Solve: 3 less than a number is 72.
A) 3 - n = 72 n = 75
B) n - 3 %3c 72 n %3c 75
C) n - 3 = 72 n = 75
D) 3 - n %3c 72 n %3c -75
3. John has twice as many stamps as Kesha. Together they have 58 stamps. Which of the following equations can be used to determine the amount of stamps for each?
A) J = 2K JK = 58
B) J = 2K K %2b J = 58
C) K = 2J J %2b K = 58
D) not enough information too many unknowns
4. Simplify the following expression: 2/3 (12x - 9)
A) 8x - 9
B) 18x - 13.5
C) 24x - 18
D) 8x - 6
5. Evaluate: a = 5, b = -2 (a %2b b)/ (ab)
6. x %3e -58 Determine which of the following would make the inequality true.
7. a(b %2b c) = ab %2b ac Which property is exhibited above?
B) Addition Property of Equality
C) Distributive Property
D) Multiplication Property of Equality
8. Simplify x( m %2b y)
A) xm %2b y
C) xm %2b xy
D) m %2b xy
9. Simplify: 2/x (xy %2b 3x)
A) 2y %2b 6
B) xxy/2 %2b x/6x
C) 2xy/x %2b 6x/x
D) 2xy %2b 6xx