European Colonies (5a)Author: Gehle Beth
Keywords: US I to 1865, US History, , , , , online teaching
1. The Lost Colony of # was an economic venture off the coast of North Carolina.
C) Roanoke Island
D) Massachusetts Bay
2. # was settled by debtors who hoped to experience a new life in the colony and economic freedom in the New World.
3. Jamestown was the first permanent English settlement in North America, an economic venture by the #.
A) Virginia Company
B) Tobacco Company
C) London Company
D) John Smith Company
4. Massachusetts Bay was settled by # who wanted to avoid religious persecution.
5. Plymouth was setted by Separatists from the # who wanted to avoid religious persecution.
A) Puritan Church
B) Virginia Company
C) Church of England