Major Civil War Battles - Part 2Author: Gossett Duane
Description: Drag each description to the correct battle.
Keywords: , , , , , , online teaching
1. Antietam, MD
2. Chancellorsville, VA
3. Gettysburg, PA
4. Vicksburg, MS
0. Confederates retreat from Maryland back to Virginia.
1. Bloodiest single day of the war - 23,000 casualties
2. Lincoln later issues the Emancipation Proclamation
3. The battle happened after some cigars were lost.
4. Stonewall Jackson is shot and later dies.
5. Lee%27s army has to retreat from Pennsylvania.
6. Bloodiest battle of the war - 50,000 casualties
7. Lee%27s second invasion of the North fails.
8. Confederates surrender the city after a long siege.
9. The Union gains control of the Mississippi River.
10. Confederates win but lose an important general.
11. Lee%27s army invades the North the first time.