To view this page you need to install Adobe Flash Player
Consecutive Integers QuizAuthor: Sturdivant Vittyjo
Description: Choose the letter choice that best answers the question
Keywords: , , , , , , online teaching
1. If I say I%27m thinking of 4 consecutive integers, which of the following represents the third integer
2. Simplify the expression 2(x-5)-5(x-3)
3. Which of the following is the correct equation for three consecutive even integers that have a sum of 72
A) n %2b n%2b1 %2b n %2b 2 = 72
B) n %2b n %2b 2 %2b n%2b 4= 72
C) n %2b n %2b 1 %2b n %2b 3= 72
D) n %2b n %2b 2 %2b n %2b 3 = 72
4. Which of the following is the correct equation for three consecutive odd integers that have a sum of 81
A) n %2b n %2b 2 %2b n %2b 4 = 81
B) n %2b n %2b 1 %2b n %2b 3 = 81
C) n %2b 1%2b n %2b 3%2b n %2b 5 = 81
D) n %2b 2 %2b 4 = 81
5. The sum of 4 consecutive integers is 226. Which of the following represents the second largest number?
6. The sum of 2 negative consecutive integers is -69. Which of the following represents the smallest number?
7. Two negative consecutive integers have a sum of -69. Which is the value of the smallest integer?
8. Write the following as an equation I have two consecutive integers. Twice the larger one is 4 times the smaller.
A) 2n= 4n %2b 1
B) 2n = 4 (n%2b1)
C) 2(n%2b1)= 4n
D) 2n%2b1= 4n
9. Which of the following words describe the b in the equation y=mx%2bb
A) y-values, dependent variable, outputs
B) slope, rate of change, change in y over change in x
C) y-intecept, constant term, starting amount
D) initial value, constant rate, deposit,
10. Which of the following is function?
11. Which of the following lists integers only?
A) -1, 0, (-1/4), 8, 7
B) 7, -2, -10, .333, 1/2
C) 1.5, -1.5, 3, 4, 5,
D) 0, 1, -2, (-10/2), 8, 9
12. Which of the following is the correct translation? %224 less than thrice a number is 10 less than the product of 5 and that same number.%22
A) 3x-4 = 5x-10
B) 4 -3x=10 - 5x
C) 4(x-3)= 5( x-10)
D) 4-3/x= 10- 5/x
13. Which word goes with an exponential function but not a linear function?
D) common ratio
14. Angela currently has 5,000 dollars in her bank account. She puts 600 dollars in each month. The function is given by the equation S(m)=600m %2b 5000. Interpret the constant.
A) She%27s increasing her savings by 600 dollars each month
B) She initially had 5,000 in the account
C) the total amount she will have in the account after m month
D) this is the number of months she adds 60 dollars.