Benchmark practiceAuthor: Kissinger Sara
Description: Match questions about the benchmark, and test taking strategies
Keywords: Barker, Benchmark practice, test taking stragies, , , , online teaching
0. what should you do before you begin to write your rough draft
1. What does %22draw a conclusion%22 mean?
2. What should you do before you read a passage?
3. What is a diagram you can use to compare and contrast
4. What are picture, captions, headings, etc. called?
5. Where should your support or evidence come from?
6. on, off, around, near, below, by are all examples of
7. What does using a variety of sentences mean?
8. This fig. language compares 2 things using like or as
9. What does a complete sentece always have?
10. What does %22in sequence%22 mean
11. What is the main idea of a passage
12. What should you do after you write your open response?
13. What should you do first to an open response question?
14. What do you have to have to make an inference?
15. What should your lead do in your paper?
1. hook your reader
2. Using both long a short sentences.
3. a subject and a verb
4. The passage
6. Break it down and label it.
7. Text features
8. evidence or details from the passage
9. in time order, or the correct order
10. Venn Diagram
11. Re-read what you wrote quietly to yourself
12. Look at the multiple choice questions
13. The overall idea, or what it is MOSTLY about
14. what did you learn, or figure out from this text
15. Prewrite or plan