Benchmark practiceAuthor: Kissinger Sara
Description: Match questions about the benchmark, and test taking strategies
Keywords: Barker, Benchmark practice, test taking stragies, , , , online teaching
0. This fig. language compares 2 things using like or as
1. What do you have to have to make an inference?
2. What is the main idea of a passage
3. What does using a variety of sentences mean?
4. What does %22in sequence%22 mean
5. what should you do before you begin to write your rough draft
6. Where should your support or evidence come from?
7. What should you do after you write your open response?
8. What is a diagram you can use to compare and contrast
9. What should you do first to an open response question?
10. What does %22draw a conclusion%22 mean?
11. What does a complete sentece always have?
12. What should you do before you read a passage?
13. What should your lead do in your paper?
14. on, off, around, near, below, by are all examples of
15. What are picture, captions, headings, etc. called?
1. Venn Diagram
2. The overall idea, or what it is MOSTLY about
3. Text features
4. in time order, or the correct order
6. Using both long a short sentences.
7. hook your reader
8. The passage
9. Re-read what you wrote quietly to yourself
10. Look at the multiple choice questions
11. Break it down and label it.
12. Prewrite or plan
13. what did you learn, or figure out from this text
14. a subject and a verb
15. evidence or details from the passage