APUSH Chapter 3 The British Atlantic WorldAuthor: Nelson Ms.
Keywords: , , , , , , online teaching
1. STONO REBELLION
2. MIDDLE PASSAGE
5. COVENANT CHAIN
7. LAND BANKS
8. DOMINION OF NEW ENGLAND
9. NAVIGATION ACTS
10. CONSTI-TUTIONAL MONARCHY
11. GLORIOUS REVOLUTION
12. SALUTARY NEGLECT
13. SOUTH ATLANTIC SYSTEM
14. SECOND HUNDRED YEARS WAR
0. Relaxed supervision by Georges I %26 II that led to colonial self gov.
1. Agricultural %26 commerical order using slaves to produce sugar etc. for markets.
2. A 1688 coup that overthrew James II and made a contitutional monarchy.
3. Believed God speaks directly to individuals through an %22inner light%22 sunbeams?
4. Created by King James in 1686 as he eliminated colonial assemblies.
5. Laws requiring goods to be shipped through English ports on English ships.
6. Iroquois alliance with British became model for other Brit-Native relations.
7. Stateless people adapt to demands imposed by neighboring state
8. Established by colonial legislatures-print money %26 lend to farmers (4 liens)
9. Power of elected officials to grant gov jobs and favors to supporters.
10. William and Mary ruled with limited power under this. (better than Jimmy!)
11. The well to do liked these elaborate manners adn refined living.
12. 1739 South Carolina event that left 20 whites and 44 slaves dead.
13. Land grant by monarch to personl/group who set up a government. -PA
14. 1689-1815 when Britain fought in SEVEN major wars! (dude!)
15. Took the lives of nearly 1 million enslaved Africans.