To view this page you need to install Adobe Flash Player
2012 Social Studies Final Exam ReviewAuthor: Siler Brandy
Keywords: River Valley Civilizations, Greece, Rome, Middle Ages, World History, , online teaching
0. Canaan was made up of these 3 modern nations
2. Rule of Law
3. Siddhartha Gautama
4. Tyranny is a type of government where
5. How do Buddhists believe you can reach Nirvana?
6. Contributions of the ancient Roman Empire
7. Oligarchy is a type of government where
8. Black Death
9. Characteristics of the Spartan city-state
10. Hellenistic Era
11. Augustus brought in the Pax Romana. What was it?
12. Judaism, Christianity, and Islam
14. Examples of expensive items traded along the Silk Road
0. eye witness account - person was actually there
1. the idea of being reborn into another life
2. Samsara - re-lease from cycle of rebirth (at one w/ Brahman)
3. the strict social structure of ancient India
4. Hieroglyphics, embalming, papyrus,medicine365 day calendar
5. source of fresh water, fertile land, trade %26 travel
6. society needs harsh rulers to force people to do what%27s right
7. 4,000 mile long trade route from China to the Mediterranean
8. (Latitude #°NorS, Longitude #°EorW)
9. power is in the hands of all of the citizens
10. Byzantine emperor who rewrote laws for ease of reading
11. Bubonic Plague which killed millions in the Middle Ages
12. a few wealthy nobles make all important decisions
13. Spices Tea Silk Porcelain
14. reformed tax system, rebuilt Rome, profess-ional army, etc.
15. 26-letter alpha-bet, roads, gov%27t, Christianity, aqueducts, etc.